News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

blues rock tone help

Started by Gledison, January 13, 2014, 02:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gledison

Hey guys. I know that a certain tone is a very subjective topic.
Im trying all possibilites i have so far in order to get a sustained sound with lots of middle, with very light distortion OD, and a suitle delay, chorus.
Only by using my TS08 (tonepad) with a sea urchin is not getting there.
i´ve got something very interesting by combining TS08>Zombie Fuzz>sea urchin (which gives me the good sustain).
by feeding the Fuzz with the TS08 (but with very low volume) im getting the sound i want! BUT,, if i stop playing, the Crazy (and lovely) Zombie starts to sound, well as the Zombie!
while playing the attack is quite nice, with a bright but still thick sound with very clear notes!
i´ve never had a Tubescreamer, and im not sure if my tonepad one is actually ok. It seems very "weak"...
any tips ?? thanks a lot!!
Gledison
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

GermanCdn

First question - which guitar and which amp are you using?

If you're looking for a medium gain middy od, Jacob's Super Happy OD is a good place to start, best if you are using a tube amp.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Gledison

Quote from: GermanCdn on January 13, 2014, 03:14:00 PM
First question - which guitar and which amp are you using?

If you're looking for a medium gain middy od, Jacob's Super Happy OD is a good place to start, best if you are using a tube amp.
Hi Curtis, im using a Marshall Haze 40w tube amp.
the thing is that i´ve seen people getting similar sound as i want with the TS808 (of course in comb with other pedals). A pork loin was also sugested. I´ve asked Brian on this thread for new projects :P
thanks mate
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?