News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nuke the Moon EXP and Harmonic Fuzz

Started by Stomptown, January 06, 2014, 01:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

Everything is so clean. I love how these came out.

DutchMF

I just want that NTM!! Your customer is probably mighty pleased, as he should be!! Very cool work, dude, you got my vote (I think....... :o To many good entries!)

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Stomptown

Quote from: Bret608 on January 06, 2014, 04:49:16 PM
I really like what you did on that trem. Years ago I read about Jesus and Mary Chain putting some Boss PN-2 guts in a wah enclosure for this exact purpose. This is the first time I've seen someone actually do it!

So what specs did you do for this particular Percolator? I threw the "stock" one I did with your board on my test box again this weekend and it is just a killer. The diode lift mode really bears exploring with these specs. I could basically get it to sound like my Albini version! The silicon side gives way more bite than I thought the circuit was capable of--really cool on a neck pickup (although I'd like to try some OA126 in this position). And the 1n273/1n695 combination is a keeper on the GE side.

Have you made a drill template for this, by the way? I'm sure I could work one up but though I would check.

I did an Albini Version again. I will have to build up the stock version if I build another. I should have added a drill template to the build doc! I do have a template at home on my PC. PM me your email address and I can forward it on to you this evening.

lincolnic

Quote from: Stomptown on January 06, 2014, 07:55:34 AM
The expression pedal controls the speed of the tremolo. I built it for a friend who really wanted a trem he could control on the fly.

That's awesome. A build to be proud of for sure.

evildead222

gtr2

Splendid! 

The epitome of DIY.

e·pit·o·me  (-pt-m)
n.
1. A representative or perfect example of a class or type

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

micromegas

That wah shell painting is outstanding! You spent quite a good quantity of acid in those builds... The bottomplate finish is one of the most exquisite etching I've seen so far.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io