News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mudbunny to Cornish G2

Started by GVC66, December 21, 2013, 11:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neve1272

ok i have a mudbunny board all socketed  spent this morning populating and this works. u used 1n270 diodes( i used bat 41 in my darkside build)

i did a pharoah tone stack and i gotta say sounds pretty good

used 100k pot for sus and vol also did not add the extra output resistors that are in the darkside schematic
   i just wanted to see if it would be close
Kip

GVC66

Wow, this thread took off like crazy...  Well, while I was away,  I tried several trannies and settled on bc550s ( I actually think guitarmaggedon suggested theses too ).  Used 103 for coupling, 1n60p for diodes, and after some serious swapping on the input cap I settled on 683.  I have not boxed it yet so I do not have a good way to compare to my dry (my test box is uber basic) but, I love this thing.  I was going to surround it with a couple of Cornishish buffers but I am not sure it is necessary.  I loved the demos out ere of the G2 and with this experimentation I think I have the spirit of it in a 1590b now.  Very happy.

neve1272

you have to put those extra component's on that last q4 (i attached at the junction of  R23 on new black mudbunny)
it will make the increase gain/output volume 

all said and done it is some what different then my darkside i dont know if the buffer  changes how hard the trannies get hit or if the diode are clipping different
still nice sounding muff
Kip