News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Belton Reverbs

Started by claytushaywood, December 23, 2013, 02:47:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

claytushaywood

I absolutely love belton reverb circuits.  I absolutely wish I could love stuff like the eventide space, ehx cathedral, digitech hardwire stuff, all those other reverbs... I'm a reverb nut and I like huge spacious reverbs just as much as anyone, and I like a lot more than just spring reverb.  But after messing with several of these belton based reverbs I just cant get on with anything else- they sound so f'ing good- I was even disappointed with the strymon Flint pedal the other day.  I mean it was nice, but just not belton nice. 

Does anyone know of any delay or echo circuits that use the belton brick.  I seem to remember reading that someone had an echo that used a couple belton bricks wired up to get you some delay type effects.  I know there's the ghost echo by earthquaker that uses a pt2399 with a belton module- are their any other circuits out there similar to that?  I cant wait to put the ghost echo into the fx loop of my multiplex delay. 

I'm gonna go try the strymon blue sky and see how I feel about it- but I dont know about throwing that kind of cash for another strymon pedal.  Any rack units at better prices that can compare?  Like I said, I love my beltons wayyy more than the strymon flint.

selfdestroyer

The earthquaker devices ghost echo uses a belton brick and a PT2399 chip. It has an "attack" knob that is a type of pre delay to the reverb. Very effective if I must say.

juansolo

The old spring chicken used to use the big brick.

I stand by that two of the best reverbs are DIY anyhow (Tenebrion and Rub-a-Dub).

But if you want to try a fully digital job, give a Neunaber WET a go. If you've got stereo, go for the stereo version as that can be re-flashed as other effects. Going mono, I'd just stick with the regular. I suspect it's why he still makes it, it's nailed on.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk