News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Help with power supply

Started by HailToTheBlues, December 18, 2013, 11:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HailToTheBlues

Hi,
I would like to know some good budget power supplies to power just 6 pedals for now.
All them are 9v. I was told i should get an isolated power supply because using a daisy-chain can cause hum, but i'm not an expert at all, so i don't know what i should use.

Kind Regards

GermanCdn

Daisy chaining can cause hum, but a lot of things can cause hum :P.  If you're content shelling out the cash, the Voodoo Labs or T-Rex stuff is usually the way to go, but you'll be pushing close to $200 for a six isolated outputs.  A fully outfitted One Spot or Godlyke will run you under $50 with all the goodies, and does a fine job.  Stay away from the el cheapo Chinese PS on ebay, they will give you hum.

PS Welcome to the forum.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

HailToTheBlues

yeah...i think i can't afford a voodoo lab or a t-rex right know, so a one spot would be a good option.

PS: Thank you, i have learned many things since i joined the forum just by reading some threads here.

jkokura

Pretty much anything that is going to be isolated is going to cost some. I think one of the better, but less expensive and feature rich, options is the BBE Supa Charger. The T-Rex Fuel Tank Jr can be had used for about $75.

Otherwise, a One-Spot Daisy Chain package will set you back probably about $40 at many guitar stores.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

alanp

I use a Godlyke, never had any problems apart from the ?Lady muff.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website