News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Current Lover: No Effect

Started by eldanko, February 26, 2012, 07:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

Dum-dum question, but are there any solder bridges from signal to ground anywhere? Haven't seen it mentioned in the thread is all...
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

eldanko

Never a dumb question, and I appreciate you jumping into the fray!  Nevertheless, I've triple checked my soldering and it all seems very clean.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

TNblueshawk

Sorry to open an old wound ED  :P
John

eldanko

Oh, make no mistake Blueshawk... I WILL beat this thing!

The first MBP project I built was a Grapevine.  It didn't work.  I posted in the forum, re-flowed joints, tried every transistor orientation I could... just didn't work.  I gave up, built another, and it worked great.

I picked the original board up once every 6 months or so just to re-inspect it.  The third time I picked it up - literally a year and a half later - I noticed that D1 was backwards... that's it.  It just took a more experienced, wiser version of myself to know what to look for and catch it.

All that to say, I'm hoping that becomes the case with this one... that someday I will have the mad skillz of Scruffie or other forumites here and figure it out, plug it up, and happily play Police songs all night.
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

TNblueshawk

The peseverance and will of the DIY'r !!!! Can't be it with a stick  ;D
John

GVC66

Hi Ed,  just posting to commiserate.  I am having the same problem.  I am also having an issue with the collusalus!?!  I will not let the flanges beat me though.  March on brother.  I will post if I have an epiphany.