News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Just had a brainwave moment :)

Started by danwelsh, December 09, 2013, 05:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danwelsh

Hey guys. Just had a really cool idea for applying paper decals to enclosures and an inexpensive one at that.....idk maybe someone has already did this.....why not use puzzle glue to secure/protect decals/enclosures? Do you guys think this will work?

muddyfox

sounds like something i do, i'm on a phone right now so i can't link pictures right away.

what's puzzle glue exactly?

nieradka

Puzzle glue, is just like a starch based white glue, no? If so, i would doubt it will hold up to heavy use/ touring.

danwelsh

Quote from: nieradka on December 09, 2013, 09:03:46 PM
Puzzle glue, is just like a starch based white glue, no? If so, i would doubt it will hold up to heavy use/ touring.
Guess my brainwave was more of a brainfart.....:)

muddyfox

OK, I just looked it up. Puzzle glue is nothing like what I do but FWIW I'm gonna post some pictures anyways because apparently everyone likes pictures no matter how crappy.  ;D

What I do is something I picked up on lvlark's veroboard forum and that's to print out my graphic and laminate it in plastic. Cut it to size and use general purpose glue like this:

I just clean the enclosure with acetone and stick the laminate on and get this sort of thing.
Now, I can't say how it would(n't) stand up to regular gigging use as I only play at home but it's pretty robust.

das234

Sounds like decoupage to me, like this guitar:

I'm sure it would work but I'd do a practice run before committing to the final enclosure.  Come to think of it... I haven't done a decoupage pedal yet.  Now I'll have to.