News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Help using the vector pack

Started by Jmilla, December 16, 2013, 08:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmilla

Hey all, I am trying to figure out how to get individual compnents out of the vectorpack files in various programs such as inkscape or illustrator. Im kind of a newb with these programs and my only information has been from ductaperiot's tutorial. Any help would be amazing as im trying to design some graphics for my new builds.

Thanks fellas

jimilee

I just use the selection tool and copy and paste. I use photo shop which is for the most part similar to ink scape
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

rullywowr

In Inkscape:  Better yet, just keep clicking on the outline of the part (like an enclosure outline) until it gets into vector mode, then you can grab just that piece. For parts like switches and knobs, you will have to do the same but then draw a box around the pieces and ctrl+g to group them as they are made up if many different parts.

I find that cutting them with ctrl x and pasting into a new layer also helps keep them from being handled as the original import.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!