News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Questions about the DBA Robot

Started by diablochris6, December 15, 2013, 11:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diablochris6

So, I am getting interested in the "How does this pedal work?" stage of building.  I am attempting to follow schematics of simple pedals and am reading documentation on how certain chips work; the engineering side of things is really interesting.

I was looking at the DBA Robot pedal and had a couple of questions based on the design of it.  There are a couple of schematics from the other boards and the tagboard effect website that I used for reference.  I didn't want to initially post them since they aren't mine and didn't come from this forum.  They are easy to find though.

1)  The +9V/-9V/GND:  I understand that in some circuits that -V and GND can be the same thing, but in other cases, it isn't exactly the same.  If I were to try and make a pcb for the Robot, would I have a -9V pad that goes to the DC jack and a separate ground pad to connect the pcb to the switch and jacks, or would one pad for both the ground and -9V work sufficiently?

2)  The rotary switch:  I understand the layout of the chip, but I am confused about the rotary switch.  Most of the plans on various sites and forums mentions a 4p3t rotary switch, but looking at the back of DBA's pcb and the wiring diagrams of the switch from various sources, is it a 3p4t?  Any google search/eagle library has 4 central lugs on a 4p3t, while the wiring diagrams and DBA pcb has a rotary with 3 central lugs. 
Quote from: illcom on October 01, 2010, 10:28:19 PM

That would be a start
I could be looking at this all wrong.  Any light on the matter would be helpful!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here