News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

hydro dip painting

Started by angrykoko, December 05, 2013, 02:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angrykoko

I cannot remember where I first saw this today.. possibly here or a news feed but this is cool.
Want to do it to some pedals

found one guy https://www.mydipkit.com/shopping.html selling kits for home but 70.00 entry price... there has to be a much cheeper DIY to do this.
I mean it looks like you just need the film and some activator from what I can tell, nothing special.
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

stevie1556

I tried this years ago on some car parts, and I could never get it right, definitely harder then it looks. Look on eBay, I think it was called carbon dipping when I tried it, and it was definitely a lot less for the kit then the place above.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

Haberdasher

egads, now i want my entire vehicle dipped in that carbon fiber pattern.  preferably with me in it.

looks like you could also give yourself a mean temporary full sleeve tat with this technique
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

rullywowr

This is cool stuff.  Often used in camouflage colors on rifle stocks.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

angrykoko

Yeah, I'm totally in.. ;D
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't need a "kit"  just the activator and the film and I'm good to go (I have everything else and the base coat is just normal paint I read)

So for like 40.00 total I think I can give it a try and have a TON left over for anything I so desired to cover (like my arm or cat or an orange <imagine peeling a carbon fiber orange  8)).

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

davent

Quote from: Haberdasher on December 05, 2013, 02:37:15 AM

looks like you could also give yourself a mean temporary full sleeve tat with this technique

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

billstein

Quote from: angrykoko on December 05, 2013, 06:45:08 PM

So for like 40.00 total I think I can give it a try and have a TON left over for anything I so desired to cover (like my arm or cat or an orange <imagine peeling a carbon fiber orange  8)).

Or petting a carbon fiber cat! I've got a cat. I'm in!