News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Have you used these capacitors/diodes?

Started by Stomptown, December 03, 2013, 06:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

I recently found a local surplus store and I've been living there ever since! I've already cleaned them out of all of their old stock 5mm Panasonic caps! Anyway, they had a black Friday sale and I spent quite a bit of time (and money) looking at what they had.

I found some axial capacitors that are apparently smd caps inside a glass casing. Has anyone used these? The ones I found are in the pf range and would be used in place of ceramic caps. I was wondering if there are any red flags or if these are okay to use in audio circuits (I'm not sure what brand they are). Here is a pic of the caps:

I found these diodes as well and was wondering if anyone could identify them. The stripes are black-brown-red and the letter T is printed in yellow. I tried to look it up but couldn't figure it out. The average  FV is around 0.24V. Here is a pic:

Here is some other stuff I picked up in bulk!

midwayfair

Diode color codes are just like resistor color codes when they're used. It's 1Nxxx (or OAxxx). The T could be for Telefunken.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

nieradka

So that would be a 1n12 or oa12? I see no datasheets online for either? or is it 1n120? Or am i doing this wrong, Im still on my first cup of coffee. 

Were these out at surplus gizmos? I havent been there in a while.

Stomptown

Yeah they are from Surplus Gizmos. They had a 50% off Black Friday sale! Bummer you missed out...

Good to see another Oregonian on the forum!