News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Multi-effect Project Help

Started by pryde, November 25, 2013, 02:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

I have a friend wanting me to build a reverb/delay effect for his rig. He wants it housed in a rack enclosure for his shelf. One of his requests is to put a headphone amp in there so he can practice. Not sure if I can accomplish this so would like some assist if you have ideas. I know JMK has a headphone amp pcb that I could use if possible. So here is his idea so far:

Rack unit (1RU enclosure)
Delay
Reverb
Tuner out/mute
headphone amp and input jack
instrument level

Also, he would want the effect and tuner bypasses via toggle switch on the face of the enclosure. Thanks for the help!

rullywowr

Cool project.

Once you pick a suitable reverb and delay board, it may be a good idea to have an order switch to change the order.

For the tuner out, I would insert a buffered splitter and just send one output to the tuner out at all times.   Then you could easily put a "Mute" switch in as the last in the chain.

For the headphone amp, that would work just fine...again you have to choose to either wire it up so the effect is switched to the amp (instead of the out) or you could also put a buffered splitter if both had to be working at the same time (like monitoring while recording direct in the PC).

All doable, and plenty of room in that chassis!

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

pryde

I think I may use the tenebrion and the hamlet delay as I got the boards here. He is actually using this for his pedal steel rig. I will likely just run the delay into the reverb on this one.

The buffered splitter might be a good option. Why would you find this better than just a tuner out/mute wired to a DPDT switch after the input?

I think the amp would just be wired to be switched to the effect. I believe he would want to just plug in some headphones and play/practice with it.

Thanks for the thoughts. I will pm you on an idea.