News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

390n? Can someone check my math?

Started by ggarms, November 25, 2013, 11:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ggarms

Hey guys- I'm finishing up the Sunking and realized that I most definitely do not have a 390n. If I'm calculating right,  using a 2.2u and a 470n i should get right near 390n. The only problem is, I wouldn't be sure how to orient the resulting frankencap for placement. Frustrating- I get a new bulk order from tayda and I forget to order one value. Figures.

croquet hoop

Would it not be simpler to use two caps in parallel (220n & 150n would not be too far from the desired value) rather than two in series?

ggarms

That was my original plan- dove into the stash and I'm out of 150n's. I suppose I could get wild and do a 100n, a 47n, and a 220n. I've done 2 in parallel before, but not 3 haha

pickdropper

Quote from: croquet hoop on November 25, 2013, 11:18:38 PM
Would it not be simpler to use two caps in parallel (220n & 150n would not be too far from the desired value) rather than two in series?

Yeah, that's what I would do.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

GermanCdn

You can probably order 5 390n from Tayda's ebay store for $1 shipped, and they'll get to you in a couple of weeks.  They'll be big greenies, but will look a little better.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

croquet hoop

Quote from: ggarms on November 25, 2013, 11:24:09 PM
That was my original plan- dove into the stash and I'm out of 150n's. I suppose I could get wild and do a 100n, a 47n, and a 220n. I've done 2 in parallel before, but not 3 haha

At this rate, use a 68n instead of a 47n, you'll be closer to the goal. If you're careful, it should not be too difficult to solder one cap on the top side and the two other on the bottom side.

ggarms

Funny story! I was outside smoking and walking my dog. I see my neighbor (who i've never met) throwing out some circuit boards. I asked him what he was going to do with those and he said "recycle them". Anyway, we get to talking, and it turns out he repairs computers and car amps.  So I tell him what I'm into and it turns out the guy used to build pedals for fun! HA! So eventually he says "if you ever need any spare parts you can always come knock-" and i was like well actually..... and he handed me the board for a car amp ( which had tons of box caps) and said take what you need! Moral of the story, talk to your neighbors. (the board had a 150n!) Thanks guys