News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tone transfer with adhesive siliconized paper

Started by Gledison, November 22, 2013, 07:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gledison

Hey guys!
Following the steps of some people in the internet im doing the tone transfer with siliconized paper from adhesives! The transfer is almost perfect, but after the transfer it seems that the tonner has very little cracks, what after the etching brings little spots on the copper, here a picture after the transfer:
I dont know the word for that, but u can see that the black parts are not totally smooth!!!
Any hint?
Cheers
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

rullywowr

I too have used the backing from stickers for toner transfer. It works ok but you have to be very careful to not flick off the toner as it isn't on there very solid.

For those uneven spots you can use a marker like a sharpie to color over where there is copper showing. Looks like what you have there should etch fine.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Gledison

Quote from: rullywowr on November 22, 2013, 07:39:47 PM
I too have used the backing from stickers for toner transfer. It works ok but you have to be very careful to not flick off the toner as it isn't on there very solid.

For those uneven spots you can use a marker like a sharpie to color over where there is copper showing. Looks like what you have there should etch fine.
Hey man!
yes, im correcting some parts with sharpie, the problem of course, is with the thin rails... somehow is not 100%. rough in some spots, what after etch I can see as little spots. Anyways, in my opinion is much easier than the magazine paper, because if you get wrong, its a lot of work to start over again...
thanks for helping
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?