News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

aquaboy 2010 Ver 2 Questions

Started by Stomptown, November 16, 2013, 07:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

I am getting ready to build a version 2 Aquaboy and wanted to make sure a couple things would work before jumping in.

1. Can I run  it at 15V like the Aquaboy DX?
2. Can I use a daughterboard to cascade two MN 3005's - or - two MN3008's???  I have "verified" MN3005's but I bought some MN3008's just in case they are fakes...

Thanks in advance!  ;D

DutchMF

Quote from: Stomptown on November 16, 2013, 07:07:51 PM
I am getting ready to build a version 2 Aquaboy and wanted to make sure a couple things would work before jumping in.

1. Can I run  it at 15V like the Aquaboy DX?
2. Can I use a daughterboard to cascade two MN 3005's - or - two MN3008's???  I have "verified" MN3005's but I bought some MN3008's just in case they are fakes...

Thanks in advance!  ;D

1. yes you can, no probs if your caps are up to it!
2. haven't tried that, but it should be possible.

Board from Haberdasher, I presume?   ;)

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Stomptown

I actually found a fabbed PCB here on the forum! I would really prefer 600ms so hopefully it is possible to use a daughter board. Anyone tried this?

DutchMF

Awwww crap, I misread 2010 for 2012!! I don't think that would change my answers, but better wait until someone with some experience with the 2010 version drops by........ sorry!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Scruffie

Yes to all but your compander biasing resistors will need adjusting for 15v.
Works at Lectric-FX

harpplayer

So, i built this version last year. Added modulation and double delay.

It works allright, but i get this whine with about 400 ms, maybe less.

I assume it has something to do with the mix pot or ots wiring.

With the pot maxed out or zero, it fades completely! Anyone had a similar problem? Should i shield the wires?

That also happened with my dirtbag, but adding a wire to the pots body (level), till the common ground fixed everything.

harpplayer

Then again, the dirt bag was whining all along the pot rotation, so it was kind of different.