News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Toneboner

Started by hoodoo, November 13, 2013, 12:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodoo

Named so for obvious reasons  ;D
G'day to all, Matt here, with the latest build, a tonebender mk11, board by Derevaun, generously shared through Osh Park, thanks mate.
A couple of firsts for me, first positive ground circuit i've built, and first time using sticker paper for the decal. The positive ground wiring threw me at first, but some good advice from the forum sorted that, thanks. The decal paper was great until, i envirotexed it, and some streaks appeared,under the decal?
Trannies came from chromesphere, some time ago.It sounds good on it's own but spits and farts abit when hooked up with other pedals, is that typical of this circuit? I have some other pnp trannies that i will try.
Anyhow, here you go, Matt.

jkokura

That is some of the most ridonculously clean wiring I have ever seen. I pride myself on leaving boxes pretty clean, but that just takes the cake! And the icing. And the box they came in, along with the oven and pans and spoons and mixers and everything in the kitchen really.

jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Stomptown

I love it! As Jacob mentioned the wiring is superb and the knob/switch layout really cool!

hoodoo

HaHa,Thanks Gents, Jacob you made me laugh out loud. The size of the box/circuit probably helped heaps, but i am happy with the guts on this one. I've had more of a chance to play this today, loud, and i like it a lot. It won't be the last germanium tranny build i do that's for sure. All the best, Matt.

lincolnic

Really, really great job.

derevaun

Sweet! I agree, that is some seriously sorted-out wiring, and very ergonomic arrangement up top.

Cortexturizer

very awesome!
as to the spitting with other pedals, try using it in front of other boosts and drives. If you are really determined to use it post-other-dirt you could try changing resistors around the first tranny, but who's gonna do that now when you have everything done so neatly...play it loud and love it!
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams