News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Egodriver issues

Started by Outtagetme, June 18, 2013, 01:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Outtagetme

I'm checking the continuity right now, it seems like there was some on the 9v input and some on the volume pot as well - can't get rid of that solder bridge!! I tried almost everything..we'll see who wins!! :)

M.

RobA

If you don't have solder wick, get some! You've got to be careful with it on etched boards and not let the solder freeze and glue the wick to the board. That can be a major pain and it can peel the copper off if you aren't careful when it sticks, but it's the best thing for getting rid of solder in the wrong places.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

Outtagetme

Actually I tried with solder wick, but there's still a tiny coat of solder on pads and I can't get rid of that! I've seen that some people use flux and hot iron tip to take the solder off, could that be worth a try?

M.

RobA

Yeah and sometimes I end up using flux with solder wick to get it off.

After you have removed enough of the solder from the surface, the pads will probably both still have solder on them, but you'll have taken enough off to remove the solder from the gap. That's all that is important. Check with your continuity checker to see if you've got enough off.

Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

Outtagetme

Ok so I'll get some flux and see if that works - I'll let you know what'll happen once I get the flux! Thank you very much for your help!

M.