News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

I hear bass players like white face rat pedals

Started by jimilee, November 01, 2013, 02:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

What is it and where do I get a pcb? Any tips?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

You buy a slow loris or runt boat and just build a rat.

The RAT already has a ton of bass. They sound great, regardless of the color of the enclosire,.

jimilee

Quote from: midwayfair on November 01, 2013, 03:00:31 AM
You buy a slow loris or runt boat and just build a rat.

The RAT already has a ton of bass. They sound great, regardless of the color of the enclosire,.
Oh so the white face isn't a reference to a different build of a rat, just the color of the pedal? Cool mang. Thank you.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

selfdestroyer

The holy grail of Rat schematics
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=47993&g2_serialNumber=6

I have used this for some time and built some great Rats with it. You can also stick a JMK blend on it to pop some of your dry bass through.

Cody

kothoma

Quote from: jimilee on November 01, 2013, 03:02:13 AM
Oh so the white face isn't a reference to a different build of a rat, just the color of the pedal? Cool mang. Thank you.
The white face is black like the others with a black on white RAT label.
It's the original rat in the schematic link selfdetroyer posted.

jimilee

That's awesome, thank you. Now I gotta figure out how to translate that to vero

Bret608

Bass players do like the rat--seen plenty of my favorites use it on stage. I could see the clean blend being a good addition.

I used to have a "white face" Rat; didn't even have an LED! It was really good. I think it isn't so much a different version as that's back when Proco was using better parts, etc. I could be wrong though. I switched to a Roger Mayer Mongoose years ago (his take on the original Rat). You can easily find a vero layout for that. I am not sure how it sounds on bass, but I can tell you it has more bass than my old white face Rat for sure.

jimilee

I saw the roger mayor for bass layout over at tag board , I was wondering how that sounded. Suddenly one build turns into two. Yaaaay!!!

karter2000

I built the tagboard layout for the Voodoo Bass, and I thought it sounded great.  Very much like a dark Rat with a little more flexibility.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk