News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

looking for a new high gain pedal to build

Started by GhostofJohnToad, October 14, 2013, 10:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Ive built a few high gain pedals.  I like the upper decker because it has a very strong bass presence.  "amp simulator" is the description that wampler uses and I tend to agree.  It kind of makes the windows shake in my study.  This is 'metal' terrority though.  I classify high gain as a difference sort of distortion effect.

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

croquet hoop

Great demo, makes me want to build one. Does it fit in a 1590B ?  ::) (if not, that may be a fun project in a near future)

aballen

Upper decker man,  it's on my short list as well.

the3secondrule

Quote from: BraindeadAudio on October 18, 2013, 12:31:40 AM
I have a verified modded HM2 board layout I will sell you a board for once I get the prototype run from Oshpark...Its a complicated build, but sounds amazing.

Can you put me down for one of these? I love my HM2...

Also, whT are the mods?

J
"I have many leatherbound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

rullywowr

The Upper Decker (Wampler Triple Wreck) is hands down the heaviest, high gain, distortion pedal I have ever played.  Nothing even comes close to the chug you can get off of it.  Instant Metallica, White Zombie, and Tool sounds are right in there.  It has so much gain its really ridiculous. 

Madbean has a great layout for it if you want to etch your own, and if you are interested I have a couple fabbed sets of mainboard + daughterboard still available of my own layout in the for sale section: (link below):

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=12062.0

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!