News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dragon Slayer (member J0K3RX project Tight Metal)

Started by bigrigg, October 25, 2013, 01:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigrigg

Hi there,
here is The Dragon Slayer.  This is from J0K3RX project for the Amptweaker Tight Metal pedal he named Dragon Armor.
I named it Dragon Slayer for two reasons.  Firstly, this thing is a beast and could slay dragons and secondly as a tip o' the hat to J0K3RX and his Dragon Armor project.   Thank you.
You can read our little love affair back and forth in the members project area.
The pedal is outstanding.  Heavy as hell.  Tweakable tone, very good gate (this really sold me).
The original Thrash (my Mids) switch is very good for giving the classic "scoop" sound.  It will go from hard rock to of course the heaviest gain.  Incredibly silent and the separate adjustable gate is great to fine tune for your needs vs the Amptweaker which is paired with the gain knob and you have no separate control.
If you want a very heavy and TIGHT effect for chugging and riffery, then this is fantastic.  I've had many high end, high gain pedals and this thing is as good or better than any!  The tight knob gives you the ability to "tighten" the flub or low end response and again allows for a very tweakable sound.  Can't recommend this enough.
The build had a few headaches along the way, but that's par for the course.  I put the Envirotex coating over the whole box and it looks killer with the gloss over the sparkle however, (grrrrr) it slightly lifted my artwork for the "volume" font.  Oh well, gives it character.  Metal isn't pretty anyways.
Build it and bang your head into oblivion!!!

alanp

Wow. Well, I'm impressed. (A big part of that is squeezing this into... is that a 1590BB?)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

lincolnic

Battery Acid

Complicate it doesn't make it wrong

J0K3RX

bigrigg

Tight sound, tight build.  lol.  1590bb yes.  Unfortunately, my family is moving into a new home in the next few weeks and demo equipment etc is all packed.  Hopefully I can demo a few builds once things are settled.  It sounds very much like the Amptweaker demos other than the beauty of adjusting the gate to your preference.
Enjoy and thank you.

J0K3RX

Quote from: bigrigg on October 28, 2013, 01:29:56 AM
Unfortunately, my family is moving into a new home in the next few weeks and demo equipment etc is all packed.

Ahhh... The good old "my family is moving into a new home, equipment is packed" excuse... Nicely played but of course you know we don't believe you, right?  ::)  :D

bigrigg

Quote from: J0K3RX on October 28, 2013, 03:26:21 AM
Quote from: bigrigg on October 28, 2013, 01:29:56 AM
Unfortunately, my family is moving into a new home in the next few weeks and demo equipment etc is all packed.

Ahhh... The good old "my family is moving into a new home, equipment is packed" excuse... Nicely played but of course you know we don't believe you, right?  ::)  :D

hahaha ok.  I will add some photographic proof come moving day(s) By the way does anyone else HATE moving all their home gear??  PIA to set it all up again, plus the sleep losing concern something will be damaged.

alanp

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website