News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Tayda Pots

Started by playpunk, October 21, 2013, 01:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playpunk

Quick Question - are the Tayda PCB mount pots different than the ones you get from Mammoth? They look like the mount is not 90 degrees in the pictures, but I wanted to check before I bought the same product at twice the price from Mammoth.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

Mike B.

Unless Tayda changed, the Mammoth pots have 90 degree mount pins which put the pot shafts perpendicular to the PCB. Tayda pots have straight pins which put the shafts parallel to the PCB. Also the Tayda pots have splined shafts for the "push on" knobs. Both are made by Alpha though.

ch1naski

Correct, the only right angle pcb mount pots tayda carries are 9mm, and the pin spacing will not be right (unless the build doc calls for 9mm pots).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

one louder.

playpunk

"my legend grows" - playpunk

irmcdermott

i haven't checked data sheets, but I think the shafts on the Tayda ones are slightly longer too. I feel like I mixed the two and the knobs were slightly taller on the Tayda ones.

RobA

Quote from: irmcdermott on October 21, 2013, 08:49:16 PM
i haven't checked data sheets, but I think the shafts on the Tayda ones are slightly longer too. I feel like I mixed the two and the knobs were slightly taller on the Tayda ones.
Yeah, the Tayda knurled shaft Alpha pots are taller -- too tall really for some knobs. The 9mm Alphas they have are the right hight though and I think they are getting in some of the solid shaft pots now too.

For the PCB mount pots, you can do the trick of using the cutoff heavy leads to make a normal lugged pot PCB mount.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

ch1naski

That's what I do, works like a charm.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

one louder.