News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mouser international order

Started by teknoman2, October 18, 2013, 09:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teknoman2

I would like to make an 150 euros order from mouser shipped to Europe, Greece.
Does anyone know if I had to pay any taxes?

DutchMF

Depends on how you order. I order through the Dutch part of Mouser, and they have a bank in the UK. This way, the tax gets added on checkout and there is no more tax to pay when the package arrives. But you still have to pay the damn tax though....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

teknoman2

When I try to finallize my order there are shipping options and I don't know which one should I choose.
Fedex or UPS?
Usually everything I buy from other suppliers are shipped with USPS, I think.
Which one do you believe is the best for me?

Vallhagen

Quote from: teknoman2 on October 18, 2013, 11:04:28 AM

Hard to say, really. I have received packages delivered with both UPS and FEDEX, and i dont see any difference at all. Both gets the work done, so to say. At least to where i live, a "medium-big" town in sweden.
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

kothoma

Quote from: Vallhagen on October 18, 2013, 11:21:12 AM
Quote from: teknoman2 on October 18, 2013, 11:04:28 AM

Hard to say, really. I have received packages delivered with both UPS and FEDEX, and i dont see any difference at all. Both gets the work done, so to say. At least to where i live, a "medium-big" town in sweden.

Hm, what about "VAT unpaid" with UPS? You need to be present at time of delivery to pay then?

teknoman2

My main issue is not about the shipping and handling.
My order is 150 euros during check out, when I will finallize my order do I have to pay something extra?
Do you think my order will import for the states or from an European country so I don't have to pay more taxes?

kothoma

There is customs duty and VAT.

I understand for shipping within EU you don't have duty but VAT anyway.
Every country in the EU seems to have it's own rules on VAT.
I think they all agree on not charging duty if the total value of the goods (excluding shipping charges and insurance) does not exceed €150 (or £135 in UK, don't know about Sweden).
Many countries charge neither duty nor VAT if the total does not exceed €22. In some countries it is waived if the sum of duty and VAZ does not exceed a certain value (€5 in Germany, €10 in Netherlands for example).

Don't know from where Mouser will ship.

teknoman2

Thanx again for all the answers,
so probably I will pay anything more.

croquet hoop

Quote from: kothoma on October 18, 2013, 11:23:53 AMHm, what about "VAT unpaid" with UPS? You need to be present at time of delivery to pay then?
With this option, you have to pay the VAT & custom charges when the package is delivered, but UPS add their own fees on top of that (not too much, but still), so you end up paying more than with the first choice (FedEx, VAT paid through Mouser).