News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Dumb Idea (maybe)

Started by angrykoko, October 10, 2013, 12:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angrykoko

So I was drinking heavily playing around with my echoplex and totally getting into the "tape speed" switch and started wondering if it's possible to put just that into a pedal form by it's self. 

2 knobs:  ramp up / down speed
bypass switch
activate (momentary switch)

Just seems like it would be a fun toy.. but maybe not so much without the echo part of the equation.

It goes without saying I lack any necessary knowledge of how this stuff works or common sense so I throw it out for discussion.

Cheers!
Koko
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

gtr2

I've done it and thought about making it a stand alone PCB project.  It is best used for delay time, but I've also used it with a TRS into expression jacks for other things.  A digital potentiometer setup works better for CV in digital circuits like the strymon and EHX stuff.
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

angrykoko

Really! cool.

I get what your saying it's best with delay.. as like as if it's (lack of correct terms) almost this after thought to the main sounds (ghosty?). 

What about pairing up with clean blend?  would that be any better?

Koko
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.