News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Serpent Boost - Naga Viper

Started by rullywowr, January 13, 2014, 04:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rullywowr

Enclosure is 1590NS first powdercoated chrome, then transparent green.  Took a hint from one of Pickdroppers' latest and etched with a laser engraver and then I filled in the voids with white acrylic paint and a cottton tipped swab.  Used shiny Envirotex (I love this stuff!) over the top only for protection of the paint.  I saw some tips on the web regarding this and I think next time, I will use a light masking material over the enclosure before laser etching (etch right through the mask).  This way, it will protect the enclosure from soot and smoke plus add a quick mask for the acrylic paint.  It was pretty time consuming filling all the voids and then rubbing off the excess.  Very pleased however because I have never been able to do a white lettering scheme myself before so this is exciting.

This is one great circuit, very versatile due to the range knob.  Even makes my little SS test amp sound pretty good!  Can be like a standard treble boost Rangemaster or a full range boost.  Plenty of volume on tap and the "Heat" knob adds extra fatness to the tone if desired.  Have plenty of extra boards if interested.

Demo Video:

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

selfdestroyer

Looks great, I like your waterslide, looks hecka pro. I have a layout that I etched and I have nothing but problems with it, might have to try one of your boards.

hoodoo

Nice one Ben, good looking sparkly green, with unobtainium white lettering  ;), and a nice deep looking enviro top coat, good as it gets mate.

alanp

The board layout is really nifty, haven't seen any laid out like that before :) (Very polished -- you'd swear it has Pickdropper DNA in it...)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

marmaliser

Sweeet. Are you gearing up for production as your latest builds have been that level an above

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

stevie1556

Looks amazing and sounds fantastic!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

fendman

That is one really nice pedal Ben...loving it. Think I will need to have a board :)
Great work
Mike

bcalla

pickdropper

I really like that board layout.  Great job mounting all three pots in such a limited space.

Nice wiring, too.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

rullywowr

Thanks for all the kind words everyone!  The PCB layout was a matter of trial and error, it was a bit of a challenge getting all three pots on such a small layout while keeping the main wiring outputs on the center axis and also everything evenly spaced.  It would be cool to see this in a 1590a, as it should fit without any issue :)

I've not really done any mini-production of pedals to date but I have some of my own tweaked circuits which I plan on making a limited run and seeing how it goes.  In the interim, I am finishing up the latest batch of new DIY boards for release.  Perhaps my least favorite part of the process is creating the build documents, however this is going easier now that I have done a few.  I am also really trying to put forth an effort to make videos with good sound quality so people can actually hear what the board sounds like.  This is also getting easier once everything is setup and I familiarize myself with the process.

As I am sure it goes with all of you, each build gets better than the last.  Due to the awesome people and their support on this forum, it is inspirational and provides motivation to continue improving my builds/layouts.  Best pedal forum on the web.  Thanks!   8)

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!