News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ultrastoner into skreddy mayo help rx

Started by garfo, October 02, 2013, 03:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garfo

I decided to create a new topic regarding this subject.
I've changed the components on the mudbunny back to the skreddy mayo specs.I cant figure out the RX resistor thing.
Could anyone give me some insight? I thought that since im using the madbeanpedals project i should use 10k for R6 instead of 18k.I followed juansolo's link to do this project and on the side notes this appears o be what John Arnold has to say about it.

juansolo

Rx is inline with R6 (an 8K2 and a 2K7) and the signal is pulled from between them on the original Skreddy pedal. For Mudbunny just use a 10k in R6 instead. Ignore the Rx as there isn't an Rx on the Mudbunny board.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

ch1naski

You mean the two resistors were kind of "teepee'd" with a wire coming from where they meet in the middle, yes?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

one louder.

juansolo

garfo

When you say R6, do you mean the 18k?
I ask this because I'm confused,the R6 on the Mudbunny project is an 18k res, and it would make more sense to replace a 8k2 with a 10k, perhaps R22(8k2) on the mudbunny board?
I'm reading it here http://juansolo.demon.co.uk/stompage/Muffs.htm

ch1naski

Prepare yourself, Juan..... I'm starting my ultra stoner build tonight.... I'm sure I'll have questions:o

one louder.

juansolo

Quote from: garfo on October 02, 2013, 11:36:23 PM
When you say R6, do you mean the 18k?
I ask this because I'm confused,the R6 on the Mudbunny project is an 18k res, and it would make more sense to replace a 8k2 with a 10k, perhaps R22(8k2) on the mudbunny board?
I'm reading it here http://juansolo.demon.co.uk/stompage/Muffs.htm

You're absolutely right. I was reading the R6 from the Mayo schematic when I wrote that comment. Yep it's R22 on the Mudbunny board. I've changed my text on the spreadsheet to make it clearer. Cheers for that!

garfo

No man, cheers for the help on building this pedal, that board is pretty wicked for building different muffs, I'll use it more.

ch1naski

juan, there is no Rx on the stoner build?
one louder.

juansolo

Yup, as that's our take on a Lady with a mid pot so we just omitted it. The only other real differences are a couple of changes to make the mid pot work better and some different transistor recommendations. I'm fairly sure that's all we did with it.

ch1naski

Well, then, I should be ready to fire mine up in an hour or so...... Just how ruin to the local electro shop and grab a 5.6 nano cap.....

one louder.

ch1naski

She works, but I reckon it won't sound right until I get my other bc549c ......a bc550b just don't cut it in q2....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

one louder.

juansolo

Always worth socketing the transistors on a muff build and trying different things. Our current favourites are 2SC1327s. Which we'd use in Q1-3 on a US or Lady build. Q1 would be the lowest gain one, 2-3 higher gain and a BC109C in Q4. They are Japanese though so need a leg twist as shown below.