News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

New Pedal Board

Started by das234, October 01, 2013, 05:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

das234

A year ago, I didn't know a resistor from a transistor and would never have considered that I could build my own guitar pedal.  Well, thanks to you Madbeaners and the DIY community, I now have a pile of homemade pedals and more to come.  So it came time to build a new (bigger) home for them (I hope you're all happy!).  I still need to add the velcro but here she is... 

The lone pedal is shown to illustrate scale.  Believe me, this thing will be filled up soon.

DutchMF

Nice!! Did I understand it correctly that you built this yourself? If so, care to share the drawings/plans? I'm sure there must be some....  ;)

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

hylandren

Yes, I too am interested: It this made of wood? Aluminum? Bent metal?
In time, I want to build a new one too and am curious, since that is one fine pedal board.

das234

Thanks guys.  I did build it myself but I really didn't use any drawings, just some scribbled notes.  I built it to sit over the top of my (now undersized) Furman pedal board so I can still use the power supply from that.  I measured the Furman and sized this thing to fit.  I used some 5/8" baltic birch plywood for the top and 1x4 pine for the rest.  It was all stuff I had laying around the shop.  I kind of designed and built it as I went.  I tested a couple different designs for supporting the plywood top and wound up adding two wedge shaped supports between the slots in the top and it's quite sturdy.  I screwed and glued it together and painted it with some old automotive lacquer and my HVLP sprayer.   

Premier Guitar does have an article on their web site on building a similar board.  That offered some inspiration for mine.

DutchMF

clever stuff, dude. I'll look up that article, thanks!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

das234

Let me know if you have any questions as you go.