News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

In case it interests some of you.....

Started by GrindCustoms, October 03, 2013, 12:07:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Yoski!

I've put these 3 production models together so i get them demo'd this weekend.

Only step missing in the process is the silkscreening of the enclosures.

TUSK - Booster/Drive

This is built on the same pcb than the Behemoth, is bass counterpart.

NEVROSA - JFET OD

HYDRA - Dual Drive OD

Cheers!

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jimilee

Tusk is awesome and so are those stomp / boards / wiring. My behemoth is a staple on my board, what the difference, anything? I did the bass mods you suggested, and what size enclosure is that?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

slimtriggers

Man, I love the look of those!

Great photography, too.

icecycle66

I love the ribbon cable.
Why don't all of the board designers follow some same standard from switch board layout so that this can be done on everything?

ch1naski

Look like money makers to me. A bit of classy artwork, and boom! Sold.

Great job, and congrats.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

one louder.

jkokura

Quote from: icecycle66 on October 03, 2013, 01:56:12 AM
I love the ribbon cable.
Why don't all of the board designers follow some same standard from switch board layout so that this can be done on everything?

All my boards have the same connection layout. LIGO for the switch, -/+/- at the top. Not saying it's standard, but at least all my offerings are the same.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jimilee

Quote from: jkokura on October 03, 2013, 03:23:18 AM
I love the ribbon cable.

All my boards have the same connection layout. LIGO for the switch, -/+/- at the top. Not saying it's standard, but at least all my offerings are the same.

Jacob
yes but does your stomp board match up so you can have fancy ribbon cable?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

jimilee

GrindCustoms

Quote from: jimilee on October 03, 2013, 12:33:39 AM
Tusk is awesome and so are those stomp / boards / wiring. My behemoth is a staple on my board, what the difference, anything? I did the bass mods you suggested, and what size enclosure is that?

Thanks Jimi, the guitar version is basically the same than bass other than the couple cap swap. I've also changed some values from what was on the schem you had....just to tailor what i wanted.

Quote from: slimtriggers on October 03, 2013, 01:50:09 AM
Man, I love the look of those!

Great photography, too.

Thanks! :)

Photography is not my thing...i don't have any decent camera...blessings to my buddy's 7D ;D

I love the ribbon cable.

For a production purpose i think that ribbon as is place...in DIY.. it's different...it's not everyone that uses the same bypass system, enclosure layout...or when you mix and match different circuit together....

A matter of taste i believe..

Quote from: ch1naski on October 03, 2013, 02:37:01 AM
Look like money makers to me. A bit of classy artwork, and boom! Sold.

Great job, and congrats.

For the artwork...it's going to be a question of balance between putting the finishes upfront or fancy artwork.

Simple and subtle work will make it efficient :)

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

catfud

I have to say like the look of the enclosures as they are - is the 'worn' effect from sanding back the paintjob?

ch1naski

Yes, the finishes are more important, personally speaking. Some nice lettering, and maybe a small graphic (if you feel it needs it), but with such artistic finishes, they should be the focal of the looks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
one louder.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: catfud on October 03, 2013, 11:39:52 AM
I have to say like the look of the enclosures as they are - is the 'worn' effect from sanding back the paintjob?

Yep, paint is baked and then sanded.

Quote from: ch1naski on October 03, 2013, 02:18:32 PM
Yes, the finishes are more important, personally speaking. Some nice lettering, and maybe a small graphic (if you feel it needs it), but with such artistic finishes, they should be the focal of the looks.

The lettering will be minimal, small logo in the corner.., name of the pedal at the bottom and each of them have a fine lined drawing going on them...nothing that will mask the paintjob tho...

GrindCustoms

While i'm at it....

Here's the visual concept/aesthetic look of this new venue...