News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Llama Cria - 1590A Red Llama

Started by Ettore_M, October 05, 2013, 04:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ettore_M

So, I decided to build a Red Llama, on a already-built veroboard. I knew it was going to be red, but I wanted a different name on it. So, I wiki'ed "Llama" and reading about llamas, my eye caught that baby llamas are called "Llama crias". So that's the name! I really like it.  :D

The build went beautifully smooth, and I really like the sound of it. I like the overdrive/fuzz that's going on with this pedal. And the best part is that it's really "touch-sensitive". The stronger you hit the strings, the more overdrive gets out! I really really like it!  :)

This time, Ι didn't polish the box! I wanted it red. and over this, once again, I engraved the letters onto the box! I think this one looks pretty good. Love the outcome..  ;D

That's it! I hope you like it.

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

DutchMF

Nice Hector, really, really nice!! How do you compare this volume-wise to your other pedals? I've built one on a MB board, and I did like the sound, but the thing was too loud to use in my setup. But props again on a very cool build dude, you're on a roll here!! You mentioned in another post you're 24 yo? Wish I started this when I was your age man!! Keep it up, really like what you're doing!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

twin1965

The engraving is very nicely done. Are you doing this freehand?

I'm tempted to try this method.

Will probably come out crap!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ettore_M

Quote from: DutchMF on October 05, 2013, 05:52:05 PM
Nice Hector, really, really nice!! How do you compare this volume-wise to your other pedals? I've built one on a MB board, and I did like the sound, but the thing was too loud to use in my setup. But props again on a very cool build dude, you're on a roll here!! You mentioned in another post you're 24 yo? Wish I started this when I was your age man!! Keep it up, really like what you're doing!!

Paul
Thanks, Paul! Yes indeed.. This thing is f@cking loud!  ;D But I set it somewhere a little above unity and it's pretty good!  :) But maybe there is a way to decrease the overall volume.. We should look into it! ;)
And you got pretty close, but I'm just 21! I started at 18, right after I finished school! But I haven't built a lot pedals in these 3 years, because sometimes I cannot afford it. But I love it, and I hope I can build more in the future.

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

Ettore_M

Quote from: twin1965 on October 05, 2013, 06:05:09 PM
The engraving is very nicely done. Are you doing this freehand?

I'm tempted to try this method.

Will probably come out crap!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
Yes, this one was free-hand, because I wanted to try this too. My Engineer's Thumb used another technique to "transfer" the particular font in the metal before engraving, but that one takes a whole lot more time.. ;)

Thanks.
Hector
- Culturejam

hoodoo

Beautiful build Hector, i can't believe how neat your freehand engraving is, perfect,should give tattooing a go  ;) Matt.

billstein

So impressed with your Dremel skills. What bit do you use for engraving metal like that?

Ettore_M

Thanks guys!  ;D

Quote from: billstein on October 05, 2013, 11:43:42 PM
So impressed with your Dremel skills. What bit do you use for engraving metal like that?
I'm using a 0.8mm carbide drillbit. Like the ones we use for drilling PCBs. Once I tried it, I took the best results. It's really steady and it gives good engraving. But then, it can't be used again for drilling. Engraving destroys it! I'm happy I got a ton of them!  :)

Hector
- Culturejam

lincolnic

That is some seriously impressive Dremel work. Be proud of this one!