News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

connecting two boards

Started by evildead222, September 22, 2013, 12:05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evildead222

i have two unboxed boards that i have been playing. a groundswell overdrive and a lovepedal woodrow.  They sound great when played together how would i connect them in one pedal?

RobA

Do you mean you always want them both on or off together , or do you want to switch them independently with two stop switches?
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

kothoma

evildead222

i would want 2 switches one for overdrive then one to boost it

jimilee

Quote from: evildead222 on September 22, 2013, 11:00:53 PM
i would want 2 switches one for overdrive then one to boost it
just like wiring it to an out put jack, only wire out if the first effect into the second on the stomp itself.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

evildead222

So wire the output of the first board into the input of the second board

jimilee

Quote from: evildead222 on September 23, 2013, 12:47:30 AM
So wire the output of the first board into the input of the second board
Right, where you normally wire the output jack of the first one (on the stomp), that wire goes to what would normally be the input jack of the second board (on the stomp). It's really as easy as you're thinking. Make sure the boost goes after the distortion.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

evildead222

sweet man, i wasn't sure if it was simple like that or a process. Learn something new everyday.  I've only made vero layouts so far.  Im gonna buy some pcb boards on the next couple of builds and maybe some 3pdt footswitch boards.

jimilee

Quote from: evildead222 on September 23, 2013, 02:29:02 AM
sweet man, i wasn't sure if it was simple like that or a process. Learn something new everyday.  I've only made vero layouts so far.  Im gonna buy some pcb boards on the next couple of builds and maybe some 3pdt footswitch boards.
excellent to hear. Those boards are great to have. There's an osh park thread around here somewhere with a stomp board layout. Pretty inexpensive too.