News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

question about pedal components

Started by HailToTheBlues, October 20, 2013, 12:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HailToTheBlues

Hi, i would like to know if the component parts used in the "normal" pedals, are the same type of components indicated in the babyboard build guide. For instance, if i wanna build a pedal Green bean, should i use the same type of components of the baby board? like the ceramic capacitors or the carbon film resistors?
If not, which ones?

Thanks for the attention

jubal81

The components used on the baby boards will work with other builds, too.  They've just been selected for a smaller physical size. The only potential snag is the big filter capacitor. Most people don't use the 8mm diameter part when doing the layout, so you'll want to stock up on a few sizes of 100uF caps.

I've made a thread where I share my Mouser BOMs for different circuits. Might give you an idea about what you're looking for.
Sharing my Mouser BOMs thread
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

HailToTheBlues

thanks for the help! i was seeing your mouser bom for the green bean, and realized that you use 6 diodes 1n914, why? shouldn't it be a symmetric clipping and an asymmetric one? shouldn't it be like two 1n914, and then one 1n914 plus two 1N4001 for example, or am i mistaken?

jubal81

Looks like you're right. There's a typo in the build doc list for the diodes. Should read D1-D5. All it does is add an extra 1n914 to the order, though.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair