News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

At last, now I have a Testing Rig, too! :)

Started by Ettore_M, September 20, 2013, 12:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ettore_M

Hey guys! Really excited with this one, as I will be building a lot of circuits in the next days (overdrives, mostly) to try out and pick the one (or two) I like the most. It also features an integrated breadboard for prototyping little circuits!  ;D

It was an easy build and the results are great (at least, for me  ;) ). I used a 125BB-sized box, which I designed and had the local "Metal Man" (I don't know how to say this in English! :P ) to build them for me. He also built a couple of 1790D-sized boxes. It's really cheap per box this way, so I think I'll have him make some 125B ones (or maybe 1590A, if he can make it this small!)

By the way, you'll see the "Effects Den" sign. I say it's the name for my pedal "company", even if I don't have one or ever have.  ::) It's not trademarked, so I hope someone won't steal it.  :) As for where does the name comes from, the Assasins' Creed players will know. It comes from the Assasins' Dens, the Assasins' headquarters in each neighbourhood. Yeah, I love this game! ;D

Also, the little "flower" (let's say..) is something I draw when I was 10 or 11 years old. I saw it recently in an old notebook and really liked it. So, I scanned it, threw it in Inkscape and make a digital version of it, which I can now edit. I think this flower is gonna be in every one of my next builds. I have a somewhat emotional connection with it. And it looks cool too!

For you wondering why I left so much empty space, I'm going to build a tone generator to test the circuits without having to use a guitar. It adds to the whole cable mess!

I hope you like it, as much as I do.

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

pickdropper

Wow Hector, that's a pretty looking testing rig.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Darkknigh_t

wolfingsworth

Quote from: pickdropper on September 20, 2013, 12:19:35 PM
yeah, probably the nicest looking one around. That flower is awesome!

Ettore_M

Quote from: pickdropper on September 20, 2013, 12:19:35 PM
Thanks! Hearing that from you, the man who - in my opinion - makes the best pedals around the DIY scene..  ;)

Quote from: wolfingsworth on September 20, 2013, 01:02:47 PM
yeah, probably the nicest looking one around. That flower is awesome!
Glad you like it! Yes, I think the flower is awesome too. I'm really impressed how this drawing came down, as I was never a good painter.  ::)

Thanks!

Hector
" I would first try what I call The American Approach, which is simply this: "If X is good, then 2X simply HAS TO BE twice as good."  ;D "
- Culturejam

croquet hoop

That is is great testing rig, and you'll probably need the room inside for an utility board or two. I tried to fit a Wicked Switch on vero inside my own testing rig made with a 1590B, it took almost all the available space  ;D

spaceboss

Practical, well laid out--and it looks great. I have a feeling you keep a tidy work space, just by looking at that.  ;D

Ettore_M

Quote from: spaceboss on September 20, 2013, 03:09:51 PM
Practical, well laid out--and it looks great. I have a feeling you keep a tidy work space, just by looking at that.  ;D
Thanks! It's indeed really practical and I took my time to think how I should make the layout.

But you got wrong the second one. It's really a mess right now after building this, but I intend to clear it up for the upcoming builds!  ;)

Hector
- Culturejam