News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

3P4T switch making me mad

Started by das234, September 03, 2013, 01:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

das234

Has anyone else taken one of the 3P4T switches (the ones with the little washer that selects how many positions it has), carefully positioned the washer for the proper number of positions, tested it to make sure it was right, installed the switch, soldered everything little thing in place tight as a drum, closed it up, put the chicken head knob on and found that you now have 3 extra positions??? ARRGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

I'm assuming the little washer got dislodged somehow so I'll have to go back in to fix it.   

bcalla

Once you get the washer in the right slot, use a tiny strip of masking tape to hold it in place so it doesn't move during installation.

das234

That's a good suggestion.  Now I have it apart and the washer back in the #4 spot but it still turns 7 clicks.  Any hints?  does it matter which position the switch is in when I install the washer?

das234

Figured it out.  Of course it matters what position it's in.  On one side of the washer tab there are 3 clicks, on the other side there are 7.  I moved the switch on the correct side of the tab and voila!