News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ninety One P

Started by alanp, August 28, 2013, 04:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

Another muff, this one built to Skreddy P19 specs (as supplied by Juansolo.) This is the one that is supposed to be modelled off "Comfortably Numb", I think.

It should be noted that I'm only using these 1/4" jacks 'cos I'm out of open frame Neutrik-style ones, and I want to get rid of these enclosed ones, but I'm too cheap to bin 'em. I wanted a bezel for the LED, but I wasn't sure it would fit with the low profile power jack, so I put it on the other side. Which resulted in a shuffle-round of the 3PDT... at least I got to use a zero-ohm jumper, I guess. I like how the wiring turned out :)

Decided to go with CD marker pen for this one, with controls labelled on the knobs (with, again, nail polish to protect the markings.) I've got the wrong transistors in it (2n5088) instead of the proper BC550C's that Juansolo's XLS lists off, so that's why I haven't trimmed 'em back :)

Nice enough sound to it, definitely different from the Lady. I suspect I'll have to get Ironbird around to demo it -- I like building high gain stuff, but I can't play through them to save my life.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

midwayfair

My favorite part: That the underline to keep the "Ninety One P" straight ... is crooked.  ;D

But seriously, the guts on this one are excellent.