News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Stage Fright - AP

Started by alanp, August 25, 2013, 04:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanp

Pretty pedestrian for this board. Nice enough sound to it, I just prefer my Doppelganger. I pinched the jack idea from John, didn't execute it as well. I'd run out of bus wire, and it shows. Using resistor offcuts does not work as well (or as tidy.)

The indicator LED does double duty as the rate indicator.

I sometimes wonder if it's attention seeking that makes me post these reports, since it's certainly not pride in good looks, and lots of people (the majority) seem to just build things and quietly use them with no reports.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

icecycle66

lincolnic

That is the correct setting for the "Balls" knob.

billstein

Hey Alan. You have a resistor coming off the ground of the input jack to the switch, for my own education why is that? Is that a pull-down resistor?

alanp

It's a zero ohm jumper -- the offcuts weren't long enough to reach that far. It's connecting the jack's ground to circuit ground.

And lincolnic -- we're a ballsy forum  ;D
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

billstein

Quote from: alanp on August 25, 2013, 05:07:06 AM
It's a zero ohm jumper -- the offcuts weren't long enough to reach that far. It's connecting the jack's ground to circuit ground.

And lincolnic -- we're a ballsy forum  ;D

Thanks and keep posting build reports. I study all these to pick up tips on how to do things.

hoodoo

Attention Seeking ??? I love the build report section, whether the builds are good, bad or indifferent. I like to see how other people do things, and just when you think you've seen it all, someone comes out with a mindblowing build. I think it's a great area of the forum for those new to the hobby to learn a lot, was for me, so keep 'em coming man, All the best, Matt  :)

Guitarmageddon

+1
Quote from: alanp on August 25, 2013, 04:07:14 AMI sometimes wonder if it's attention seeking that makes me post these reports, since it's certainly not pride in good looks, and lots of people (the majority) seem to just build things and quietly use them with no reports.
Probably true on both counts, I know that's true of me. :D
But please keep posting. There are so many things to be learned from looking at other peoples builds, and, call us strange, many of us truly enjoy it. 8)
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

Vallhagen

Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

pickdropper

Quote from: Guitarmageddon on August 25, 2013, 09:13:51 AM
+1
Quote from: alanp on August 25, 2013, 04:07:14 AMI sometimes wonder if it's attention seeking that makes me post these reports, since it's certainly not pride in good looks, and lots of people (the majority) seem to just build things and quietly use them with no reports.
Probably true on both counts, I know that's true of me. :D
But please keep posting. There are so many things to be learned from looking at other peoples builds, and, call us strange, many of us truly enjoy it. 8)

+2.  Posting and Viewing build reports is one of my favorites parts of the forum.  Everybody does things a little bit differently, and it's cool seeing what people come up with and how they execute it.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper