News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PPP galaxy finishes

Started by Bret608, August 21, 2013, 02:01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bret608

Hey all,

I'm wondering if someone can tell me a bit about how Pedal Parts Plus' galaxy finishes look in person. From pictures, it looks like they have some kind of metallic sparkle going, sort of like what's on the granny smith sparkle as opposed to the custom sparkle finishes. Is that right? I'm thinking about the galaxy purple for boxing my Lowrider. I just know I want some kind of sparkly purple, that's all!  ;D

Bret608

D'oh, nevermind! I saw someone posted lots of purple samples in the PPP colors thread.

chromesphere

Generally with powercoating, you can get metallic flakes (aka holographic flake) that are an addictive.  It basically looks like glitter, and is quite expensive per gram. Granny smith is a sparkly green color ("dormant"), not a holographic flake.  But you can still add holographic flake when you clearcoat it, for...extra sparkle.

Watch this video, skip to around 5:00, i show a granny smith enclosure with the holographic flake added to the clear coat.  Hope that helps.

Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

Bret608

Thanks Paul, that actually does help! Then again your videos always do. I have to admit, I wasn't clear on the differences in the various sparkle options out there. Those enclosures look fantastic, by the way.