News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

tube screamer on vero

Started by jalmonsalmon, August 22, 2013, 09:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jalmonsalmon

Hey all!
I just finished this one a couple days back and is based off of an Over Drive Pro 820.
I really love how this one sounds too. It is a very transparent tubescreamer and is great for blues and rock if you're into pushing an amp into overdrive.
It is also the biggest thing I have ever attempted on vero! Usually I will just make fuzz pedals on vero since the circuits are so small. I only made 1 mistake with one of the caps in the wrong place, so 1st time I fired her up, nothing! Reinforces the ol, Rock it before you Box it! After I moved the cap to the proper place, it fired up perfectly!   Couple of pics:

inside  (kind of ironic that it was completed on 8/20!  LOL   - that was not planned...

and the pedal:
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

hammerheadmusicman

Is that a charge pump in there? Two dual op amps too? Gonna have to look this one up!

Also, I despise vero, so good work!!

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

midwayfair

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on August 22, 2013, 11:05:44 PM
Is that a charge pump in there? Two dual op amps too? Gonna have to look this one up!

George

Look in the buy/sell/trade area. There's a guy selling some prototype PCBs for $5 of this circuit. It's an excellent overdrive. If I ever build a tubescreamer, it'll be the 820.

jalmonsalmon

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on August 22, 2013, 11:05:44 PM

George
Thank you!
It's the ICL7660"S" version charge pump with 9 volts coming in to bump this up to 18 volts so you get great headroom. It also has two JRC4558's in there  ;D
I am really good at working with vero, you just have to take your time and make sure everything is in its proper place  ;) But usually on vero I stick with making Fuzz's since they are so simple.

Quote from: midwayfair on August 23, 2013, 12:41:30 AM

Look in the buy/sell/trade area. There's a guy selling some prototype PCBs for $5 of this circuit. It's an excellent overdrive. If I ever build a tubescreamer, it'll be the 820.

I wish I knew about this being on a PCB in the buy/see/trade because that would have been my 1st choice for the OD820 build! But yeah, I was going to make the ol TS9 or 808 but heard the OD820 was suppose to be a better tubescreamer and I will have to agree...  I may end up making another one of these for a friend LOL

CHEERS!
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

alanp

Vero builds always impress me, if only cos I've never done one. (Perf yes, vero no.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website