News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Coral Reef (pork barrel)

Started by Matt, August 18, 2013, 05:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

After I decided on the name I found that someone else already produces a chorus by that name, oh well.  This one is a redo.  I had built the stock pork barrel with the rate indicator LED and loved it so much that I wanted to try some mods and see what else I could get out of it.

The rotary switch (intensity) changes the delay time.  I realized doing all of these mods that I had used the wrong cap when i originally built it, in effect making it a hi band chorus.  Oops!  Anyway, loved the sound so I included it.  I tried to keep the controls to a minimum and since a hi band vibrato is pretty weak sounding (and I wouldn't use them together), I incorporated the hi band and vibtrato into opposite ends of the same switch.  Slow/fast switch for the rate.  (It's a 47n fast, 100n (stock) slow, if interested). And last is the effect level.

Their are so many great sounds in this pedal, i absolutely love this thing!  That's about it, hope you like it.
Matt

jprizz

Some of the best things come about by accident. Cool mods and a nice looking pedal. I need to put this on my To-Do list.
-Josh

Matt

Quote from: jprizz on August 18, 2013, 11:49:28 AM
Some of the best things come about by accident. Cool mods and a nice looking pedal. I need to put this on my To-Do list.
-Josh

thanks, yeah that was definitely a "happy accident".   It's a great sounding chorus.  It's the only one I have but it does everything I need it to.
Matt