News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hope I'm not ruffling feathers...

Started by eldanko, January 20, 2014, 08:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

That's good to know.  8) We've got about 300m left which will last us a year or so no probs.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

micromegas

Any clue about were can I find that kind of wire in Europe? Shipping costs from bulkwire are rather expensive.... and the solid core wire I got from Banzai isn't very good...

It would be awesome to find some teflon cable too (solid or stranded)
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

juansolo

You'll have to go hunting. The brand was Eagle and it's out of production but some places still have stock. It .6mm solid core IIRC (I'm not where the spools are at the moment).

micromegas

Quote from: juansolo on January 21, 2014, 10:01:34 PM
You'll have to go hunting. The brand was Eagle and it's out of production but some places still have stock. It .6mm solid core IIRC (I'm not where the spools are at the moment).

Thanks! I'll check google :)
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

selfdestroyer

So thats 22 AWG Solid Core right?

AntKnee

Quote from: lars on January 21, 2014, 12:26:50 AM
Great blog with practical guidance for buying "boutique" pedals. Now if somebody could just convince Ebay sellers that just because a pedal is vintage, doesn't mean it's the best guitar effect ever made.

Amen to that!
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

juansolo

Quote from: selfdestroyer on January 21, 2014, 11:54:25 PM

So thats 22 AWG Solid Core right?

Pretty sure. I'll check today and get back to you.

juansolo

It's not made any more but it was Eagle Equipment Wire 0.6mm (22awg). It came in multi-colours ( green is best ;) ) and on a 100m roll. The stuff from Rapid is nowhere near as good as it breaks really easily.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: juansolo on January 23, 2014, 04:57:26 PM
It's not made any more but it was Eagle Equipment Wire 0.6mm (22awg). It came in multi-colours ( green is best ;) ) and on a 100m roll. The stuff from Rapid is nowhere near as good as it breaks really easily.

Is it PVC Insulation or something different? Sorry for all the questions. I'm just having problems finding spec sheets on any Eagle wire.

juansolo

The insulation on the Eagle stuff stands temperature better and the solid core itself doesn't break anywhere near as easily. The Rapid stuff seemed really brittle.

We found some recently online (blue) so there are odd people with remnants of stock kicking about. But it looks like it's drying up. You used to easily be able to get it on eBay for example.

This *could* be something similar (though it has a tinned core unlike the Eagle stuff). But as we've never used it, we can't vouch for it. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100m-Reel-1-0-6mm-22-AWG-Solid-Core-Equipment-Wire-11-Colours-Hook-up-/230859863086?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&var=&hash=item35c051f42e

selfdestroyer

Quote from: juansolo on January 23, 2014, 06:58:16 PM
The insulation on the Eagle stuff stands temperature better and the solid core itself doesn't break anywhere near as easily. The Rapid stuff seemed really brittle.

We found some recently online (blue) so there are odd people with remnants of stock kicking about. But it looks like it's drying up. You used to easily be able to get it on eBay for example.

This *could* be something similar (though it has a tinned core unlike the Eagle stuff). But as we've never used it, we can't vouch for it. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100m-Reel-1-0-6mm-22-AWG-Solid-Core-Equipment-Wire-11-Colours-Hook-up-/230859863086?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&var=&hash=item35c051f42e

Thanks, I just want to try something different and you seems to really like it so that speaks volumes to me.

juansolo

Luckily last time we got some we got about 600m of the stuff. We've got about 300m left which should keep us going a while.