News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Gilmour Box

Started by Jakes Dad, July 27, 2013, 08:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jakes Dad

This is by far the most dangerous effects box I've assembled - diddle with this one a bit and you might start to believe you can actually play!  Got the pre-painted box off ebay (art by Justin Landers, www.totheneck.com) - seems almost a shame to poke all those holes in it.  The box contains a MadBean Hipster, a Ram's Head variant of a GuitarPCB Muff'n with high/low pass filters and selectable clipping, and a MadBean Zero Point Micro all tied together with Guitar PCB 3PDT boards.

Here's the required gut shot:

Chuck

pickdropper

That's a helluva first post there.

Very nice.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

ch1naski

Yes sir, that's a nice one.
LED clipping on the muff?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

jimilee

Maaaan that's awesome. You do know how to make and entrance don't you?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

croquet hoop

Very impressive indeed. And great choice of fx to put in that box!

Jakes Dad

Ch1naski  - Yes.  Given the other ruckus this box raises it's a little hard for my abused ears to pick up much difference with the LEDs but it's there.

The Hipster and Zero Point Micro are actually my third and fourth MadBean builds with the first two being an Afterlife (just a little silver box with two knobs) and a Wolfshirt - using the octave switch on the Wolfshirt upstream of the Zero Point is absolutely wicked!

Chuck

gordo

Too cool, I was watching that box on eBay.  Very nice looking build.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jalmonsalmon

That is one nice grab n go pedal there! 
Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST . .

lincolnic

Really nice, and a killer first post. I hope you're entering this into the July contest!