News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The credible Hulk (TS 808)

Started by Gledison, July 20, 2013, 09:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gledison

Hey guys,
I've just posted my first build on the July contest thread, but no comments allowed there, would be nice to get some feedback from the experts, so im posting here again (I hope is ok :S)
Its a tube screamer TS808 following the symmetrical clipping from Tonepad (I discovered madbean later on :P)
I called , The Credible Hulk  :P
your critics are highly welcome, as my first pedal, got lots of difficulties on the run but learned loads of new and cool stuff.
hope you like it!

And here how it sounds...
sorry for the terrible playing :P, since I've started this pedal, I was so much into reading and learning as much as I could that I need to practice a bit more  :P
hope u enjoy it!

https://soundcloud.com/gledison-fonseca/the-credible-hulk
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

hammerheadmusicman

Great first go! I built a few tonepad 808's too.

Where did you get that box? I need some of those in my life!

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

murdog47

jprizz

That is an awesome finish! If it's the Credible Hulk does that mean you won´t like it when it's nice? ;)

slimtriggers

I love that swirl!  I've tried to do that many times and it always comes out looking like sludge.

Nice job!

Gledison

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on July 20, 2013, 10:16:36 AM
Great first go! I built a few tonepad 808's too.

Where did you get that box? I need some of those in my life!

George

Hi, thanks for ur comments.
That is a Hamond 1590b that I've done first a primer coat, than a marbeling coat using magic marble paints, than 12 coats of clear automotive lacquer.
Cheers

pickdropper

That's a beautiful box.  Great first build.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Gledison

Quote from: jprizz on July 20, 2013, 11:00:57 AM
That is an awesome finish! If it's the Credible Hulk does that mean you won´t like it when it's nice? ;)

hehehehe, thanks mate
actualy the opposite, if you say its not nice, it will clip the waves with a powerfull distortion :P

Gledison

Quote from: slimtriggers on July 20, 2013, 01:22:12 PM
I love that swirl!  I've tried to do that many times and it always comes out looking like sludge.

Nice job!
thanks mate, that was the first time I've done this marbeling paiting.
I saw a lot of videos on youtube where people were swirling guitars.
I don't know if you got the right paints. I got this magic marble paints, they are totally water unsoluble, and if u use enough, you get a nice thick coat..... or maybe I was just lucky  :P
cheers

billstein

Not much to critique on this one. Great first build can't wait to see what you come up with next.