News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Much Difference between PT2399 chips?

Started by blearyeyes, March 20, 2014, 05:27:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blearyeyes

I have a bunch of these and am wondering if you guys notice good ones and not so good...
Wonder if I should go through the hassle of switching out a bunch to help a ZP SDX...

pryde

Quote from: blearyeyes on March 20, 2014, 05:27:45 AM
I have a bunch of these and am wondering if you guys notice good ones and not so good...
Wonder if I should go through the hassle of switching out a bunch to help a ZP SDX...

yes there is often a lot of variation between them in regards to static and dirtier sounding repeats. Definitely try different ones to get the cleanest audio.

blearyeyes

flanagan0718

When I place an order with Tayda I usually order an extra 2 for every one I need. I do have an abundance of these now but, I test them all in the different Delay builds for the cleanest signal.

blearyeyes

Thanks..Got a ton of these chips and will be going through them tonight I hope. The ones in the ZP SDX sound pretty dirty...

ggarms

Another good idea is to try different sources. I've had batches from Tayda where all were shite, or a few were ok, or most were ok. I found a seller on ebay that usually has good batches and is quite cheap. 20 for 9.95 in USA with free shipping. The user is NOOELEC. Good luck!

pryde

Quote from: ggarms on March 21, 2014, 08:53:31 PM
Another good idea is to try different sources. I've had batches from Tayda where all were shite, or a few were ok, or most were ok. I found a seller on ebay that usually has good batches and is quite cheap. 20 for 9.95 in USA with free shipping. The user is NOOELEC. Good luck!

Thanks for the tip. I only have 1 or 2 good chips left (and a pile of shite ones). I will give this supplier a try.

she sells sea shells

I ordered six from tayda and 4 had some numbers and 2 had different

for my multiplex I put one from the first code and one from the other code.
the pedal sounds pretty good to me but I am not sure if this helps

culturejam

It would probably be useful to have a test rig for PT2399s. Like a barebones delay circuit with minimal delay line filtering as a default, and then a more aggressive filter on a switch. That way you could objectively listen to the noise and then see if a moderate amount of filtering smooths it out.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

ian_guga

I went through a box of them some weeks back ...till the point I couldn't care anymore. Different makes...years, I had a bunch of them sitting for ages also ordered from anywhere I could find.
Found out variations on 2 things mainly - some distort more than other... and some have more bottom end on the delays-unfortunately those usually were the ones with more distortion.   
my lab loves fuzz