News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rite of Passage Green Bean Build - KTOM Valve Howler

Started by Rip57, June 28, 2013, 01:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rip57

My Green Bean build, the KTOM Valve Howler. I took the idea of dip-switching the Fat and Bright mods from another forum member, whose post I can't find right now - but thanks bud, you saved me some real estate up front! I used 1N914's for both symmetrical and asymmetric diodes. It sounds "OK" on my solid state amp but I really need to fix the Marshall tube amp to find out what I've got.

Actually I made two of these. One for myself and one for KTOM's namesake, my nephew Keith Thomas. I gave him one a couple of weeks back and he digs it!

I may have also gotten him interested in pedal building - we'll see.

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer." ― Frank Zappa

gordo

What a gorgeous build.  I like the color (I used the same box to do a Honey Bee...I know that doesn't make sense, I just like the color).  I like the simple graphics and clean straight lines.  Very pro looking.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

billstein

Beautiful.  Love the choice of knobs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

DutchMF

Damn, I totally missed this, fantastic build!!!! Those looks are to die for, seems you got everything right on this baby....

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

fendman

Looks like we all missed it... I think it looks really good,love the little dip switch, nice colour, graphics and build its all there

Any chance of hearing a demo?? I ask as I am in the middle of turning my Green Bean board into a Clay Jones OD.

Great Build 8)

Mike

selfdestroyer

That green color has got to be one of my fav greens.. Like a candy apple green. Beautiful.

Rip57

Glad you like it, guys. I'm still learning here and it's encouraging to hear from you seasoned veterans.

But you know, I'm even happier that my nephew likes it. He's a good kid and guitar is his thing. He digs the fact that he's got a pedal named after him!

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer." ― Frank Zappa