News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Zero Point SDX - volume louder than unity

Started by KCTigerChief, July 07, 2013, 02:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KCTigerChief

Hey guys, I had my ZPSDX in the studio last weekend and noticed that it was actually adding some hair to my clean signal.  Upon further inspection, there is a noticeable boost in volume when the effect is engaged, it does not matter what switches are on or where the knobs are at...It's always there.  In looking at the schematic, would the R6 10k resistor be the resistor to change for output volume?  How would one going about swapping in a trim pot there instead, if that is in fact the correct resistor?

Thanks a lot!

Bryan

soldersqueeze

From the BOM

"02.02.13 ­ Revision Omit R45 (1M). This will increase delay time and is not needed. To reduce the dry volume, change R3 to 470k."

Have you done the R3 mod? I found it sorted my volume issues out.

KCTigerChief

Quote from: soldersqueeze on July 07, 2013, 05:24:55 PM
From the BOM

"02.02.13 ­ Revision Omit R45 (1M). This will increase delay time and is not needed. To reduce the dry volume, change R3 to 470k."

Have you done the R3 mod? I found it sorted my volume issues out.

I feel like an idiot...because I DID do the R45 mod, but didn't do the R3...mainly because I didn't really notice the hair it was adding until I was in the studio recording scratch tracks and heard some fuzz on the monitors sitting in the control room.  It was such a tight squeeze I'm really not looking forward to disassembling this thing to fix it :lol:

I'll pick my pedal up from the practice space tomorrow and give it a shot...Thanks for reminder!