News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy Modulation not working

Started by jtrezzo, July 04, 2013, 02:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtrezzo

So the delay works fine and everything. The modulation not so much. It is very odd, in that when I touch on the area firmly around the modulation components the LFO kicks in and I get modulation, but when I let my finger off of it, it gradually fades out the modulation. The LED indicator affirms this activity. I have been messing with this for some time and there are a couple solder pads that got kind of messed up but none where both sides were removed. I'm not sure what could be causing this, any idea what I should do or check specifically here?

ThePastRecedes

It sounds like there is something loose in that area. Check it is all soldered properly. I've missed the odd resistor leg too many times  ::)
I build stuff for myself, sometimes I do 1 offs, I label them as HornBlende Audio.

Scruffie

Quote from: jtrezzo on July 04, 2013, 02:38:53 AM
So the delay works fine and everything. The modulation not so much. It is very odd, in that when I touch on the area firmly around the modulation components the LFO kicks in and I get modulation, but when I let my finger off of it, it gradually fades out the modulation. The LED indicator affirms this activity. I have been messing with this for some time and there are a couple solder pads that got kind of messed up but none where both sides were removed. I'm not sure what could be causing this, any idea what I should do or check specifically here?
When you say 'but none where both sides were removed' do you mean one side of a pad was removed? If the pad had a trace on that side then that could very well be your problem.
Works at Lectric-FX

jtrezzo

Yes now that I look at it closely, that is most likely the problem. It looks like it is the right pad of R51 and also the LED negative pad for the vactrol. Where should I connect these to with a jumper?

UPDATE: I found the build doc and looked where the tracers were and connected those in question with jumpers but still not working. Oddly enough, I noticed it is when I touch C34 that I notice the modulation start working and LED light up then fade out. What could be causing this?

Scruffie

Quote from: jtrezzo on July 04, 2013, 03:42:50 PM
Yes now that I look at it closely, that is most likely the problem. It looks like it is the right pad of R51 and also the LED negative pad for the vactrol. Where should I connect these to with a jumper?

UPDATE: I found the build doc and looked where the tracers were and connected those in question with jumpers but still not working. Oddly enough, I noticed it is when I touch C34 that I notice the modulation start working and LED light up then fade out. What could be causing this?
Still having a bad or missed connection.

Voltages.
Works at Lectric-FX