News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Would this work? 2 channel Serendipity

Started by fatpants, June 28, 2013, 04:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatpants

Being a noob in this area I don't know all the laws involved in the strange behavior of our guitar signal so I'm wondering can something like this work? :-)
There are a lot of circuits where I would like to have the same overdrive but with two different gain settings.
And in a lot of those circuits when you turn the gain up you also have some volume boost.
I've searched the internet and couldn't find a wiring scheme for two pots on one switch so I drew this (the last row of the switch can be used for led).
So - can this work? Or can something like this be arranged on a 4pdt footswitch?
Thanks

http://postimg.org/image/x0cg2qbi3/
(that's the link I seem to have problems uploading the picture)

fatpants

No one?  :-\
I guess I'll try it (maybe not on the Serendipity but on something easier) these days, and post the results here.
Thanks anyway.
Lots of grate info on the forum.
Cheers

oldhousescott

What you've posted should work. You'll need to reference the volumes to ground, of course. I would also put a 2M2 or 4M7 resistor from the center lug to each of the outer lugs for the gain set of lugs on the switch. That way the gain of the stage won't go open loop during the time the switch is changing from one set of lugs to the other. That should help reduce popping during switching. The best choice would be a make-before-break switch, but I don't know anyone that makes one in a stomp switch.