News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Autobahn for Bass

Started by RobA, June 30, 2013, 03:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobA

I'm thinking of making an Autobahn for my nephew. He plays bass and guitar. I'd be building this mainly for bass, but I'd like it to work for guitar too. I made one for myself and I really like the way it works for guitar. Are there mods that need to be done/suggested for bass? Input cap up to say 100n? Would it be a good idea to put the 22nF Filter caps on a toggle with say some 47nF caps?

Thanks,
Rob
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

jimilee

Honestly I didn't make adjustments to mine and it just rumbles completely. I love it stock.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

RobA

Thanks. The cutoff for the input HP filter is around 7Hz. So yeah that really should be OK for bass and it's probably best to just leave it alone. Since you like yours with the sweep the way it is for bass, then I'll just build it stock for him too.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

jimilee

Yeah, it's not an always on effect and it holds its own quite nicely. Enjoy
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.