News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Esquire mods

Started by pedalman, June 20, 2013, 06:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pedalman

Im sure half of you know about this page, but for those that don't.
I recently bought a POS Esquire Strat as a project guitar. I stripped this thing down to a neck and body. Went to
www.guitarfetish.com
loaded it up with upgrades.....this thing is awesome. The brass block tremolo is worth its weight in gold as well as the GFS pickups. Lots of neat stuff. Go to Seymour Duncan for wiring diagrams and tips.
Im so happy with this build, im going to start another one. The Black Strat perhaps
I mod cheap guitars because my local music store said not to.

GermanCdn

Yeah, those brass block trems are nice, put a couple in some MIM strats I have lying around, noticeable difference.  They're locking tuners are also top notch, though usually out of stock. 

Congrats on the new axe.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

slimtriggers

I bought a wired Strat pickguard from there once for $30.  The bridge p'up sounded awesome.  The #2 position sounded good, too.  The neck was too muddy, though, and I couldn't get a satisfactory #4 position sound out of it.  

Lately I've been checking out their Mean 90's.  I've heard some decent demos of them on YouTube.

gordo

Right?  My $89 build is at www.gordomusic.com and is my bench guitar and gets to play out when it gets fresh strings.  It has been modded with graph-tech nut and saddles but to date all the upgrades (new bridge, new Dimarzio and SD pickups) have been reversed because the sum of the parts just work really cool together.  Also check out the Samick upgrade.  Silly cool.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?