News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kokobender

Started by angrykoko, May 26, 2013, 03:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

angrykoko

Here is my latest build.
Tonebender MK II on a GGG board I etched and some OC75's from smallbear.
The knobs I got from a PIF this last year and they were just calling me do something dystopian.
The image is from the QOTSA new video, just stuck in my head.  The artist is "boneface", he's got some really cool and twisted imagery.

Great sounding pedal, still fiddling with the bias to see where I like it the best.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

billstein

alanp

The artwork reminds me of the Hellraiser comic books (not the movies.)

Is it worth putting the bias in on these Tonebenders? I omitted mine, might have to rework it in.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nzCdog

Slick build... as per usual!  Love them knobbies! 8)
I hope you don't ming me telling you... that image is frankly quite disturbing! :o  ;)

angrykoko

QuoteI hope you don't ming me telling you... that image is frankly quite disturbing!

Thanks !
Yeah it is  ;D  That's why I picked it, it's wrong on many levels.   Thanks to "boneface" and QOTSA for that one (and the pain pills I was taking for strep and tonsillitis last week).

The "knobbies" came from Culturejam's PIF I won, they are cool.

I'm loving this pedal so much every day:  zeppelin, black keys and for fun-zies gave it a whirl with drop C standard tuning.  I'm just blown away with this one.
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

angrykoko

Quote from: alanp on May 27, 2013, 07:46:49 AM
The artwork reminds me of the Hellraiser comic books (not the movies.)

Is it worth putting the bias in on these Tonebenders? I omitted mine, might have to rework it in.

This is my first tonebender but I'd imagine yeah the trimpot is worth it, I fiddled with it for about a day till I got it where I'm happy.  I also used the recommended Q2 resistor I got from smallbear with the OC75's.

I need to check out the Hellraiser comic books.  I didnt know they existed.

alanp

Fair warning, some of them will give you serious trouble getting to sleep.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

GrindCustoms

That's the type of pedal i would buy...just for the look of it, Tasty!
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/