News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mulitplex Jr with Taptation

Started by billstein, May 25, 2013, 11:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billstein

Building a Multiplex Jr. with taptation and have a couple questions before I get to far into this.

Here's what I believe I need to do.
1.  Put a Jumper for R25.
2.  Connect the taptation to lug 1 of the depth pot.
3.  Don't use the time pot on the Multiplex Jr. What do I do with the pads on the MP board for the time pot? Leave them alone? Jump them?
4.  There are 3 Led's between the two boards. Modulation rate on the MP jr. Clock and Scale on the Taptation. Do I use all of them?
5.  I'm assuming the dot on the vactrol solders into the square pad on the MP jr board. Is this correct?

Thanks guys for your help.
Bill

jkokura

First off, I don't think this is a confirmed process yet - I haven't seen a Multiplex Jr with a taptation.

Second, many have had issues with trying to get the onboard modulation of things like the echo base to work with the taptation. Part of the issue is that both the mod and the tap tempo require access to pin 6, but they may not play well together.

In general, when you're applying modulation to a circuit and running a taptation, I recommend using  a modulating taptation setup because it allows you to include modulation. You will however lose whichever modulation circuit is onboard the PCB you're building.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

dondougie

I built one just like that and it works fine with the modulation of the MP Jr. Yes, jumper r25 and connect the taptation to the depth pot. You can leave the time pot pads as they are, no need to jumper anything.
As far as the leds are concerned, it is up to you and how many blinking lights you like in your build :) I left the mod rate led on-board inside the case and used only the scale led of the taptation board to see the actual repeat tempo. No clue about the dot on the vactrol though.

jkokura

Quote from: DonDougie on May 26, 2013, 05:07:37 PM
I built one just like that and it works fine with the modulation of the MP Jr. Yes, jumper r25 and connect the taptation to the depth pot. You can leave the time pot pads as they are, no need to jumper anything.
As far as the leds are concerned, it is up to you and how many blinking lights you like in your build :) I left the mod rate led on-board inside the case and used only the scale led of the taptation board to see the actual repeat tempo. No clue about the dot on the vactrol though.

Sweet! I'm really glad to hear that this works. Build report?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

dondougie

Quote from: jkokura on May 26, 2013, 05:26:09 PM
Sweet! I'm really glad to hear that this works. Build report?

Jacob

I did one a few weeks ago at the 1776 forum ;) http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=9373.0

gtr2

The dot is the anode, so it goes to the square pad  :)

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

billstein