News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harbinger One Build and Demo

Started by GhostofJohnToad, May 27, 2013, 08:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostofJohnToad

Finally after struggling through LFO issues I have a completed Harbinger.  I love this thing!!  Sounds fantastic with Zeropoint for clean stuff and pretty tits with the PepperSpray And Mangler.  I can't stop playing it 8)  The light shield is a 3d printed sphere, painted silver on the inside and really rough eyeball painting by me.  The enclosure was done with a purple alcohol ink and cleared with ModPodge Hard Coat.  I really like using the alcohol inks and will be doing more in the future.  As far as the build I followed all the build docs and didn't vary with any components.  Couldn't be happier.  Kudos Brian on a wonderful board!

Pics might not be the clearest, my ipod has a really low resolution.
Guts:

Exterior:

And an Audio Demo(more just dinking around than a real demo, and yes I play the obligatory Trower so be warned ;)
Stats: Fernandes Vertigo w/P90s, Fender Champ 600, KingSlayer on all time, Zeropoint SDX for Delayed parts, PepperSpray on the Fuzz parts.
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/domesticatedanimals/madbean-harbinger-one-demo[/soundcloud]

DutchMF

That looks so good!! First, props for getting one of the most complicated builds working. Second, that finish on the enclosure is amazingly good! It's..... so good, teach me!!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

dondougie

Nice build, and the finish looks great! Gotta love the eyeball ;D
And the demo is excellent, too; sounds really inspiring!

nzCdog

Oh man!  Almost spat the coffee when I saw that huge eyeball in there...  LOL! ;D
Great looking pedal, I like the purple ink and that lettering a lot! 

gingataff

Nice finish and love the eyeball. :o

eldanko

THE EYEBALL.   :D

I love it. Brilliant idea. How's the 3d printer working for ya? Those things are so freaking cool...
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

jimilee

That's very awesome. Is the lettering paint pen? If I opened that thing up after buying it from you, I'd freak right out after seeing that eyeball!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

GhostofJohnToad

Thanks for all the love!

The eyeball was actually an afterthought but after I did the purple with silver theme it just felt like it was right.  There was a specific 60s Hendrix poster that I had in my minds eye. I Love the 3d printer!

The silver lettering is actually testors,hand painted overtop a transparent water slide decal.  Painted on the paper before application.

I think I may do an in depth tutorial on alcohol ink dyes, if some are interested. I had a lot of fun with it and some others may benefit from what I learned.

billstein

Quote from: GhostofJohnToad on May 28, 2013, 09:47:30 PM

I think I may do an in depth tutorial on alcohol ink dyes, if some are interested. I had a lot of fun with it and some others may benefit from what I learned.

Yes please. I just bought some and would love to see what you learned.